Zaporizhzhia / Photo: TSN
[For urgent updates please follow Ukrainian Freedom News in Telegram]
By Pavlo Vitenko
Summary by regions
As a result of a night attack by drones, a civilian object was damaged in the region. So far, eight people have died, and the number of injured has increased to 20. 4 more people might currently be under the rubble. Units of the State Emergency Service, the National Police and relevant emergency services are working on the spot.
In the Kupiansk and Lyman directions, the enemy continues to try to break our defenses. The occupiers conducted unsuccessful offensives in the districts of Kreminna, Dibrova, and Bilohorivka. They carried out artillery shelling of the districts of Novoselivske, Nevske and Bilohorivka settlements. The situation in the region remains difficult.
The enemy carried out 44 attacks per day using the S300 air defense system, an unspecified type of rocket, artillery, Smerch, Hrad rocket systems, and tanks.
Avdiivka, Chasiv Yar, Hirnyk, Krasnohorivka, Severne, Tonenke, Netaylove, Stepove, Predtechine, Khromove, Stinky, Zoryane were fired upon. 18 residential buildings (four multi-apartment buildings), two garages, a school, and the Chasiv Yar Refractory Plant building were damaged.
In the region, four civilians were killed and five wounded in a day.
Yesterday, during the day, the Russians shelled the territory of Yunakiv, Nova Sloboda, Bilopillia, Velyka Pysarivska, Sveska, Esman, and Seredyna-Buda communities. They were fired from mortars and artillery. Also, an explosive device (VOG type) was dropped from a UAV on the territory of the Bilopol community. Without losses and destruction among the population of the region.
A residential building was damaged during the shelling of the city of Kupiansk yesterday evening. In the Slobozhansk direction, during the past day, the enemy shelled the areas of the settlements of Basove, Kozacha Lopan, Strelecha, Hlyboke, Vovchansk, and Velykyi Burluk.
In the Kupiansk direction, the enemy carried out artillery shelling of the areas of Krasne Pershe, Dvorichna, Masyutivka, Kupiansk, Krokhmalne and Berestove settlements. As a result of the shelling of the city of Kupyansk, the gate and depot of the fire and rescue unit, a Kamaz car, and broken windows in two five-story residential buildings were damaged.
The Russian army struck the Myrove community of the Nikopol district yesterday evening. A dozen shells from heavy artillery flew there. People were not injured in the shelling, but two private houses, several farm buildings and a car were damaged. Broken power line.
At night, the Russian army again struck the Nikopol district. The Marhanets community was under the sights of heavy artillery. There were no deaths or injuries. The consequences of the attack are being clarified.
The occupiers shelled civilian infrastructure in the area of Zaporizhzhia, Novoivanivka, Charivne, Kamyanske, Gulyaipole, Novodanylivka, Gulyaipilske, Novoandriivka, Chervone, Olhivske, Orikhiv, Zaliznychne, Mala Tokmachka, Malynivka, Preobrazhenka, Bilohirya, Shcherbaky, Prymorske, Stepove, Mali Shcherbaki. 14 reports were received about the destruction of houses (apartments) of citizens and infrastructure facilities.
Russian troops are massively shelling the Beryslav and Kherson regions. Over the past day, the enemy launched 47 shellings, firing 248 shells from heavy artillery and «Hrad». The enemy shelled Kherson eight times. 51 shells hit residential quarters: private and apartment buildings. Two people were injured.
In the Beryslav district, the Russian occupiers targeted a cemetery. The cemetery, which was hit by eight Russian shells, is located outside the village of Mykhailivka, Beryslav district.
73 people were evacuated from the de-occupied territory of the region.
UKRAINE: The losses of the Russian army exceeded 167 thousand: another 920 Russians were eliminated – the General Staff
The Armed Forces repulsed 114 Russian attacks in five directions, the occupiers launched missile and air strikes – the General Staff
During the attack of Russian criminals, two nine-story buildings were damaged in Zaporizhzhia. As a result of the missile strike, 25 people were injured, one person died.
Road of death: the evacuation from Avdiivka continues, but the Russians immediately open fire on the people
WORLD: China has sold $12 million worth of drones to Russia since the start of the full-scale war – NYT
Russia transferred a division of missile complexes to the Kuril Islands – Reuters
Not to repeat Europe’s mistake: China refused to increase gas purchases from Russia – Bloomberg
Russia asked China to provide weapons for the war against Ukraine – NATO
China and Russia made a joint statement: what is it about
Most of these concerned the USA and Ukraine.
China and Russia made a joint statement.
The main theses were published by the Russian propagandist agency TASS.
- The Russian Federation positively assesses China’s position towards Ukraine, and China positively assesses the readiness of the Russian Federation to start negotiations;
- The Russian Federation and China are concerned about the risks associated with the creation of AUKUS and their plans to build nuclear submarines;
- The Russian Federation and China call on AUKUS to strictly fulfill its obligations regarding the non-proliferation of weapons of mass destruction;
- The Russian Federation and the People’s Republic of China plan to strengthen a comprehensive partnership in the field of energy;
- The Russian Federation and China believe that in order to resolve the Ukrainian crisis, it is necessary to prevent bloc confrontation and incitement of the conflict;
- The Russian Federation and China are concerned about the military-biological activities of the United States and demand an explanation on this matter;
- The Russian Federation and the People’s Republic of China will expand scientific exchanges to ensure the technological leadership of the two countries;
- The Russian Federation and China call to avoid the degradation of the crisis in Ukraine and its transition «into an uncontrolled phase»;
Russia and China oppose all unilateral sanctions imposed to circumvent the UN Security Council.
In addition, the joint statement based on the results of the talks between Putin and Xi Jinping states, in particular, that the Russian Federation and the People’s Republic of China:
- intend to provide mutual support for the protection of each other’s interests, first of all, sovereignty, territorial integrity, security;
- agreed to regularly conduct joint patrols at sea and in the air, as well as joint exercises;
- call for an end to all steps contributing to the escalation of tensions and the prolongation of hostilities in Ukraine;
- express great concern over the strengthening of NATO’s ties with the APR countries on military matters;
- urge NATO to respect the sovereignty of other states and their interests;
- oppose the imposition of their values by one state on other countries, there is no «higher democracy»;
express concern over the situation on the Korean Peninsula, call on all concerned states to exercise calm and restraint.
By Pavlo Vitenko, Ukrainian Freedom News
Produced with support from ukrainianfreedomnews.com. There you can support Lviv local media-hub Tvoe Misto via PayPal or Bitcoin; please write to lvivlab2020 [at] gmail.com if you would like to designate a donation to Tvoe Misto. Through our friends at Ukrainian Freedom Fund, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit, U.S. tax deductible donations are possible.
Follow Lviv Now on Facebook. To receive our weekly email digest of stories, please follow us on Substack.
Lviv Now is an English-language website for Lviv, Ukraine’s «tech-friendly cultural hub.» It is produced by Tvoe Misto («Your City») media-hub, which also hosts regular problem-solving public forums to benefit the city and its people.