Ukrainian Minister of Defence: the war can come to an end following one of the three scenarios
Oleksii Reznikov noted that there will definitely be no «Minsk-3» or capitulation agreements.
Фото: Урядовий портал
Фото: Урядовий портал

09 July 2022, 15:28

[For urgent updates please follow Ukrainian Freedom News on Telegram]

The Minister of Defense of Ukraine, Oleksii Reznikov, named three possible scenarios for the end of the war started by the Russian Federation against Ukraine. He voiced them at the Forbes Ukraine «Building Together» conference yesterday, July 8, Interfax-Ukraine reports.

«The first scenario will be approximately the same as the gesture of «good will», which the Russians announced when fleeing from the Kyiv, Chernihiv, and Sumy regions, as well as Snake Island. Accordingly, I think it will be divided into several chains: first, we will come to a position by February 24 of the current year, then there will be some conversations regarding the status of the previously occupied Donetsk, Luhansk and Crimea, but at the table with our powerful partners,» – he said.

Read also: Zelenskyi singled out conditions for the hostilities to stop till the end of the year

The head of the Ministry of Defense emphasized that «Minsk-3» will definitely not happen, there will not be any surrender agreements, and «no one will negotiate with a muzzle at the temple.»

«The second option is that we will gradually grind down the armed forces of the Russian Federation, because this is actually a war of resources against resources. They have more people, territory, tanks, planes, etc., but everything is not modern, everything is old, and today they use the principle of a meat grinder,» – Reznikov noted.

The minister added that the second option for victory is not so quick – by the end of this year, perhaps with the beginning of a new one.

«The third is more dramatic for Russia – the collapse of this country, the parade of sovereignties into several different entities: Tatarstan, Bashkirstan, in the East, etc. You and I will definitely see it in our lifetime, but it’s a bit of a long story,» – Reznikov added.

The Defence Minister added that activities of the security and defense sector of Ukraine are provided by about 1 million people in various structures. In particular, 700,000 people have been mobilized into the Armed Forces of Ukraine.

«There are up to 700,000 people mobilized into the Armed Forces, up to 60,000 border guards, up to 90,000 National Guards, and up to 100,000 National Police. Today, we have more than 1 million people in uniform ensuring the security and defense sector,» – he says.

We will remind that the day before, Kyrylo Budanov already noted that the active phase of the war should go to the maximum decline by the end of the year. Russia has the resources to wage a normal war for 12 months, and the struggle will end with the return of our occupied territories, including Crimea. The Main Directorate of Intelligence of the Ministry of Defense of Ukraine predicts that, starting from August this year, certain events will take place that will demonstrate to the whole world that a turning point is beginning.

Translated by Vitalii Holich

Follow us on and Instagram. Lviv Now is an English-language website for Lviv, Ukraine’s «tech-friendly cultural hub.» It is produced by Tvoe Misto («Your City») media-hub, which also hosts regular problem-solving public forums to benefit the city and its people.



Follow us on social media

Stay updated with the latest news and exclusive content.

Related News

Created thanks to:

Bosch Stiftung Logo

Developed by:

Levprograming

In case of full or partial use of the information, a hyperlink to tvoemisto.tv is mandatory. Responsibility for the accuracy of facts, quotes, proper names and other information lies with the authors of the publications, and with advertisers for advertising information. The editorial opinion may not coincide with the opinion of the authors.

© 2026 "Tvoe Misto"