Where did Russian missiles fly and hit on November 23?
In the Lviv region, two missile strikes on a power substation were recorded. Now, the supply of light is restored in half of the city of Lviv after a few hours of total blackout.
Фото: з відкритих джерел
Фото: з відкритих джерел

23 November 2022, 21:06

Today, November 23, Russia fired 70 missiles at Ukraine, the air defense shot down 51 of them.

In the Lviv region, two missile strikes on a power substation were recorded. The Lviv, Yavoriv, and Chervonohrad districts were temporarily without electricity. Now, the supply of light is restored in half of the city of Lviv.

One of the infrastructure facilities was hit in Kyiv. The mayor of the capital, Vitaliy Klychko, announced that three people died as a result of missile attacks on the capital. Among them is a 17-year-old girl. 80% of the city is still without electricity and the water supply.

Explosions also occurred in the Vinnytsia region. In the Kyiv, Dnipropetrovsk and Poltava regions, the air defense has worked.

The deputy head of the President's Office, Kyrylo Tymoshenko, reported that a residential building had been hit in the Kyiv region. As a result of the Russian missile attack in Vyshhorod, 20 people were injured and five killed, the official said. According to Tymoshenko, the Kyiv region is completely without electricity. Partially, there is also no heating and water supply.

Read also: Russian missile attack of November 15. Latest information

Electricity disappeared in the Odesa region and the city of Khmelnytskyi. Power outages took place in Lutsk as well. Due to the power outage in Kharkiv, all electric transport was stopped.

There is no water and heat supply in Zhytomyr due to the blackout caused by the attack. In the Kirovohrad region, there was a hit on an energy facility, the region is without power, the head of the Regional State Administration, Andriy Raikovych, informed.

"Ukrzaliznytsia" railway stations switch to backup power, trains are delayed.

Due to Russian missile strikes, the Rivne, South Ukrainian and Khmelnytsky Nuclear Power Plants were disconnected from the Ukrainian power grid, Energoatom reported.

Read also: (Un)scary blackout for Lviv. This is how the city is stocking up on generators

The central power supply for the Zaporizhzhia NPP's own needs was stopped. The station went into full blackout mode. All diesel generators are in operation.

The national energy company "Ukrenergo" announced in the afternoon of November 23 that emergency power outages in all regions of Ukraine will continue from 2:45 p.m. for the next 24 hours.

Russia's massive attack on Ukraine also caused blackouts in Moldova. The country's president, Maya Sandu, said that Chisinau cannot trust the Russian regime, which kills some people and leaves others without light and heat.

According to the materials of Tvoe Misto, Texty, Ukrainian Pravda

Translated by Vitalii Holich

Follow us on Facebook and Instagram. Lviv Now is an English-language website for Lviv, Ukraine’s «tech-friendly cultural hub.» It is produced by Tvoe Misto («Your City») media-hub, which also hosts regular problem-solving public forums to benefit the city and its people.

Follow us on social media

Stay updated with the latest news and exclusive content.

Related News

Created thanks to:

Bosch Stiftung Logo

Developed by:

Levprograming

In case of full or partial use of the information, a hyperlink to tvoemisto.tv is mandatory. Responsibility for the accuracy of facts, quotes, proper names and other information lies with the authors of the publications, and with advertisers for advertising information. The editorial opinion may not coincide with the opinion of the authors.

© 2026 "Tvoe Misto"